Sunday, March 14, 2010

Exercising....

Ever since Riley was born, I've really wanted to get in shape before I even think of having mas ninos. I think it's partially the whole getting older, but also b/c I want to do so many things. I'm planning on doing the 5 mile hike at girl's camp, hiking to Mt. Wheeler around my birthday, running a 10K and hiking the Grand Canyon this fall. I've been working on what I eat (my biggest struggle) but I've been exercising a lot more, too. And I feel great!
Here I am with my mom (a huge inspiration) and when she came to visit me she made sure to bring her workout clothes. Anyway, we laughed b/c we were look-a-likes. Who knew? My goal last month was to run 3 miles in 36 minutes. This was my time....
I actually cried. I'm not competitive, I've never considered myself athletic, and yet, I'm really working on diet, exercise and running now. So, when I didn't quite make my goal, I was so disappointed. But I'm getting closer and feel better.
So many of you are running, staying in shape, etc. all while being super-busy. Any advice for breaking the 160 lb. barrier that I've faced for the past month?

4 comments:

Paul, Nat, Syd, and Maggie said...

If anyone needs to exercise it is me. I need it so bad. I use the excuse that I am too busy with two kids, but that doesn't fly. I am hoping to be more motivated when it gets a little warmer. We'll see. I say good job to you. Keep it up. You are inspriring me!

Janelle Johnson said...

Next time you'll get 35:55 on your time, okay?

Robert and Lisa said...

Keeping a chart of each day you exercise helps me b/c then you can look at your calendar and see that you're actually making progress or skipping a lot, whatever.
Also if you're really dedicated this website http://www.everydayhealth.com/food-fitness.aspx
helps you keep track of the foods you eat and also has an exerise tracker. Good luck! You can do it :)

Michelle said...

Oh Jen! You are my hero! I'm training for a 5k in July and I'm so out of shape! I'm trying to break the 164 lbs barrier, but I must say you looked very slim at church on Sunday! I wish we lived closer so we could run together! I'd be lagging way behind at this point, but it would be fun! Keep up the good work!