Saturday, November 13, 2010

My First Triathlon




Thank you for all the comments...I know this is late, but here are the details. I've been so excited about my bikes that I really wanted to do the BEGINNER'S triathlon in St. George. Mind you, it is an 8-length swim, a 5-mile bike, and 1.5-mile run. Sooo....I'm sure any of you out there could do it. It was a big deal to me, but to the general public, it is just a walk in the park! But I loved it.
My goal was to accomplish it in under an hour and I did it in 50:16:09. How fun!! I talked Jessica into doing it with me, who in turn talked Steve, then Jeremy (her husband & brother-in-law) into doing it as well. Jeremy (an avid cross-country runner) who decided a week before the event to participate, WON overall. He's speedy. Steve got 4th overall and did great too. Jessica met her goal of under an hour, so we were all pretty excited.
Evan and the kids were there cheering me on. It was a great day for me! Next April they're doing it again in St. George. Any takers?


8 comments:

Janelle Johnson said...

Cool. Thanks for the pics.

Michelle said...

Wow! Awesome Jen!

The Wisers said...

Holy cow Jen!!! You are amazing. And you look awesome!! You better post more details about how it went!

Janae said...

Super impressed! Good for you!

Andrea Pulsipher said...

You're putting me to shame! It all sounds fun except for the swimming--too exhausting. Glad you did it!

The Grush's said...

Wow! I am impressed.

Robert and Lisa said...

wow! go buff girl go!

Krista Payne said...

Way to go Jen!