Monday, August 29, 2011

Raising a prima donna



...is sometimes challenging but I wouldn't trade her for the world. As I type this, she is banging her head on my arm saying, "I'm not ornery, Mom. I'm not ornery." Hmm. Some prima donna things of recent:


  • "Oh my gosh" or "Oh gosh" are her latest sayings.

  • She loves to sing in church. LOUD. And it isn't what everyone else is singing. Many eyes glance back our way.

  • She sings "Copcorn on the treeeeeee" for us everyday.

  • She gets mad when I make her take off her tutu for lunch.

  • When she's really ticked at her mother, she sobs, "I want my grandma!" She loves her grandma.

  • She likes to dance and sing...after all, that's what princesses do.

  • She is drawn to mud puddles like a fly to cow...you know

  • Instead of saying "I love you," she says "I miss you" but we know it means the same thing

  • She loves being a "mommy" to her baby carebear, but doesn't mind asking her mom to hold her like a baby occasionally.

  • She has a love/hate relationship with Hy, her cousin Elliott, and most people in general.

  • She MUST wear her Sunday dress all day and prefers to wear dresses everyday...very UNLIKE her mom

  • We love our little girl!

1 comment:

Janelle Johnson said...

I love this little prima donna! Glad she keeps you on your toes.