Sunday, December 25, 2011

Happy 7th b-day Jeb!

Our angel baby would be 7. Hmmm....I don't really imagine Jeb as a baby. I often think of him as an older version of Hyrum. But I also know that they would be two totally different beings. If Jeb had lived, our whole family dynamics would be different. But it is fun to imagine anyway.

Hy was never disappointed when he found out that this next baby is a girl because he "already has a brother up in heaven". To him, Jeb is as real as Riley and the new baby, even though Hy never saw Jeb in this life. I love a child's faith and perspective. I love how much Jeb is a part of our family, even though most people don't remember or realize that he is a part. It doesn't matter to me that many don't know that we had a stillborn son, because it is very personal to me and those who do matter know.

I have realized that this life is tough and everyone is facing trials seen and unseen. I had so much love and support when we lost Jeb that I hope I can help even just one person in their trials. Time helps heal pain, but you never can forget those hardships and challenges you face in life. Love you Jeb.

2 comments:

Janelle Johnson said...

love to you and your family

Dustin and Connie said...

I wanted to call you on Dec 20 but didn't know what to say. Just know that I love you and have been thinking about you. Jeb is in fine company in heaven and he is your own guardian angel! Love you!