Sunday, December 28, 2014

Baby Kelsey Miracle

I wanted to share this miracle so I wouldn't forget it and let my kids know of the Lord's watchful eye over us. I know sometimes we can feel like things are just coincidence and forget the Lord's hand in our everyday lives.

We were having a "fire pit" with Grandpa and Grandma earlier in the year. Kelsey was wearing this shirt, sitting in the jogging stroller. She was further back than the log benches that are around the fire and all of our backs were turned toward her. A smoldering ash landed on her shirt and actually started the shirt on fire (a tiny one, mind you). I walked by right as Kelsey started to cry. I got the ash off of her and took her out of the stroller. The shirt was still smoking so I hurriedly got it off of her. She had a small blister from the burn but that was all. If I hadn't been walking by at that moment and noticed it (in my hustle and bustle), she could have been hurt so much more worse. I remember thanking the Lord that day for helping me to be aware of Kelsey in need! * The saddest this is this shirt is an "I love Mommy" shirt. Oh the irony!
 In this top picture, you can see the red spots on her ankles. She was just recovering from having hand, foot, & mouth disease that she got from Jack and passed on to Stevie and Colin. :(


1 comment:

Janelle Johnson said...

So glad Baby Kelsey didn't get hurt.