Saturday, February 16, 2008

Our Valentine's Date

Our VALENTINE'S day was an unexpectedly fun day. It was so windy and stormy that Evan didn't have to work outside all day. So, Evan got to play with Hyrum, tie rope halters and watch "Buck Brannaman" videos about training horses. I made sugar cookies in the meantime. By the afternoon, it had cleared up so we climbed in the pickup and went to see the brand new baby calves. Hyrum LOVED watching the little calves bucking around their mothers. We did a few other chores, delivered some cookies and came back. Evan needed to milk the cow, so I asked if I could come. We dropped Buzzy off at the Humphries' and I fulfilled one of my dreams....I got to drive the Ranger (a little ATV machine).



Here I am milking the Jersey cow. Right after this picture was taken, the cow stepped forward and knocked half the milk out of the bucket.


My SWEETHEART milking the cow. He doesn't remember starting to milk the cow but at age 4, he had a little bucket that he filled for his little puppies--how sweet it that? Evan won't let me throw away his crusty, gross chore hat--but it looks like the one my Grandpa Johnson used to wear, so there is a part of me that doesn't want to throw it away. And that hat is SO Evan.


No comments: