Thursday, January 29, 2009

She's gettin' married in the morning...

Well...not in the morning but on March 27. My little sister Jessica is getting married to Steve Pickering! And guess what? They are going to be moving to the ranch out here in the middle of nowhere. I had no idea that one of my sisters would live in Spring Valley, NV.




In some ways, I'm not shocked. I always thought she'd get married quickly out of high school. But in other ways, I'm just thinking, "My little sister is getting married! She's only like 9!" Remember on "Father of the Bride" when he imagines his little daughter, Annie as a 5 year old saying, "I met a man in Rome and we're getting married..." Sometimes I think of Decca as that ;)This is a picture of the day he proposed to her in St. George. You should see the bling, bling on her fing! I hope she doesn't lose her ring like her older sister tends to do. They are very cute together.
I am happy for the two of them and so excited to have a sister around! No matter how grown up she is, she will always be my widdo sistah.

6 comments:

Jessica said...

oh you shouldn't have

Robert and Lisa said...

Wow! crazy. Tell her I say congrats :) Wasn't she just like 7 and getting in our way when we wanted to jump on the trampoline?!? Ha ha. Where does the time go?

The Grush's said...

Yeah! Tell her congrats from us. How fun for you to have your sister close. I loved the times that I have gotten to live near my sisters. You will have to post more pictures of them.

Janelle Johnson said...

I LOVE the first picture. I think of her and "oops..excuse me". She has always been so adorable. But you are lucky she is so in love or else that last picture would probably make her mad. Haha. loves.

Delee said...

My dad just told me the big news so I went straight to the blog. ;)

Congratulations, Jessica!!!

Terra said...

Congrats to Jessica! How fun to have her come live by you. Sisters are the nest.