Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Hy's Room

I painted Hy's room in October and would consider it "mostly done" now. It sat in a state of halfway done for a LONG time. Thanks to my incredibly crafty neighbor, Amber who can fix, saw, nail, and help me get projects done. Evan is grateful to Amber as well, so he doesn't have to do my long list of "honey-dos".

It's supposed to be barn/tractor/farmbooy looking.




So...my question to all you moms out there: I'm planning on having Hyrum and the new baby share a room. I'll keep the baby in my room for about 2-3 months in a bassinet and then put her in the room. Does it work? Or do I need to make our guest room the new baby's room?

8 comments:

Jessica said...

I LOVE the room! It looks wonderful. I'm not a mom so i don't know the answer to your question. hehe

Janelle Johnson said...

So cute! I love blog updates, especially with pics of Hy. I think the babies should share a room so I can live with you if necessary. HAHAHAHA. Besides the Fuzz is going to be a little farm girl anyway. Loves.

Robert and Lisa said...

Very cute room! It's so creative. You did a great job with it. I bet Hyrum loves it. So you are having a girl? YAY!

Julia Izzy said...

It is so cute!!! I love it!! When is your baby due?!

Straley said...

What an adorable farm room- and I LOVE his bed! Lucky guy. It's hard to say with babies- each combination is different. But if Hyrum is a good sound sleeper, I think it's fun for them to share a room. My kids have always loved it.

Terra said...

I love the barn room. So cute. We kept Paul and Sam separate for about 8 months and then put them together. Sometimes they wake each other up, but they love being together. I think it depends on how well your kids sleep too.

Paul, Nat, Syd, and Maggie said...

That room is so cute! Good job. Just make your little girl's side a little more girly with pictures of decorations on the wall. (Just a suggestion). They can definately share. They will have fun.

Janae said...

This is so stinkin' cute= very creative Jen! My kids always share, so I think it's good for them to learn. You have done a great job!