Saturday, July 25, 2009

Enterprise 5K

My goal was to WALK a 5K in under an hour---55 minutes and I don't remember how many seconds!! Yay!We did it as a family. Yes, Evan is the only person to wear jeans in a 5K and no, he didn't practice once. I brought Hy's little shorts, but if Dad doesn't have to wear shorts to a 5K, then neither does he!Hy's first time on a school bus! It was driven by Ladawna, Decca's mother-in-law who is one of the funnest ladies I know.Trace and Hy. I didn't think Hy would be running, so I didn't sign him up. But he walked with his dad --Ev said he figured Hy walked/jogged over two miles (I think he has Israelsen endurance-yay!) Trace got the "youngest runner" trophy-go Trace!So this picture is a lie. I actually only had Riley and Ev and Hy came in after me. And this is the only time in the race where I was ahead of the "real" 5Kers. :) But this also shows my new stroller. My walking partner. Jessica and I have been practicing together and she is MUCH faster than I am. We were going to walk together, but I wanted to check on Hy so I told her to keep going. Notice my shirt says "Nothing RUNS like a Deere" get it? Runs...well, I thought it was clever. :)

6 comments:

Janelle Johnson said...

I love the new update.

Janae said...

Congrats!!! Way to go! You look so cute!

Smart Family said...

What a fun weekend!

Grandmummsie said...

Yay for 5Ks!! Maybe you could do Malta's fun run next year with me!!! I liked your comment on your shirt. I once wore a shirt that said that to track and Mr. Qualls said, "nothing runs like a johnson" haha

Ashley said...

You GO Jen!

Terra said...

Way to do a 5k! I like your shirt too--it's funny.