Monday, September 14, 2009

I'd like to thank the academy....

I bottled green beans. For the first time. All by myself. I feel like I've won an award. So I have to thank my peeps. (And I couldn't get a pic of my face b/c I looked like....I'd been bottling green beans all day :)


First of all, thank you to my wonderful husband for planting the garden and my green beans even though you feel the ground could be used for something tastier.

Secondly, to Brooke and Austin for all the "help" snapping the green beans.

To my good friend, Erin, for being a gardener extrodinaire and also for bottling all of your food--you're such an inspiration!!

To my other friend, Amber, for letting me borrow her brand new pressure cooker.

To Hyrum, for "helping" in the kitchen and making it more...interesting.

And finally, to Mom, for teaching me how to bottle green beans, for the tips and pointers you gave me the other day, bottling yummy green beans for us for so many years, and for MAKING us help you snap green beans growing up. What I wouldn't give to have had you sit by me to talk to as I snapped away.

4 comments:

Janelle Johnson said...

Remember when we would snap them at each other! Hahaha. You have to entertain yourself somehow with all those beans.

Delee said...

Oh, they look beautiful! Congratulations on your achievement. :)

Robert and Lisa said...

Good job! Definitely very domestic. They look great. Want to come and help me?!?

Paul, Nat, Syd, and Maggie said...

I am impressed! Good work. You got the best practice snapping beans from "Our Town". I still watch that from time to time for a good laugh. Your beans looked great! We are still trying to get some tomatoes to grow on our balcony. (City life is not that great)