Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Spinach-Stuffed "Flunk" abellas

In efforts to eat healthier and to lose weight, I've been trying new recipes. My family has been patient and supportive in these endeavors. Evan will even let me make vegetarian recipes...once a month (and he grills up some lamb chops as the side dish for himself and anyone else who wants some).

Tonight, I tried "Spinach-stuffed portabellas". I was excited. They looked good and were healthy. And I'm always happy to say that my kids are great eaters....most of the time.
Riley tried one bite and was done.

Ev and Hy got in from chores. Hyrum saw them first and says very politely, "Um, Mom, these are REALLY 'uty' (yucky)." Ev looked at them...swallowed hard and said, "I tried your portobello pizzas and almost barfed. I just can't do it."

I think it is great to cook healthy, but it is also important to cook for my family.
So now Evan is cooking hotdogs for the rest of the family. The 'shrooms weren't bad...but I'll admit, they weren't that great, either. One more recipe tossed in the garbage!

4 comments:

Andrea Pulsipher said...

Too funny! At least you try and cook something healthy. Maybe the next one will work better!

Sara and JC said...

Sara would have loved those, but I think Elliott would have joined his cousins since he doesn't like mushrooms.

Terra said...

better luck next time, huh. :)

Robert and Lisa said...

Keep trying! I'm a new recipe tryer and most of them actually end up good. Unfortunately there are those ones that your husband gives you that look that says "are you really going to make me eat this?" They are good for a laugh sometimes....or to blog about!