Saturday, October 1, 2011

The 'Inja Party



So for the first time in his life (besides the Humphries) Hy was invited to a birthday party... with a "cool" kid. On the invite was a ninja and I swear it said "Ninja Party". So I asked the b-day boy's mom if we were supposed to dress up. I thought she said "yes." I am deaf.


We borrowed Austin Humphries' ninja costume and Hy became a new man as soon as he put it on. His moves were more impressive than Napoleon Dynamite's on the dance floor.


Anyway, we got to the party, and I notice Leslie's sons weren't dressed up. And as I was leaving, a few more kids showed up, dressed in normal clothes. When I got back, I read the invite again and there was nothing about it being a ninja party, just a ninja on the card.


I blame it totally on prego brain.


I was worried about Hy being the nerd that was the only one dressed as a ninja. When Leslie dropped him off, she said that Daxon got in his costume too, so I guess Hy was hip and his mother didn't ruin him for life. Thank goodness!

4 comments:

Janelle Johnson said...

Did Hyrum think his costume was cool though?

Andrea Pulsipher said...

That just makes me laugh! Everyone was probably jealous of Hyrum. Oh pregnancy. . .it's amazing our families survive.

The Grush's said...

Your pregnant? I think you need another post. I had no idea. When is this one coming?

I would totally do the same thing with the birthday party regardless of whether I was pregnant or not. I am sure all the other kids wished they had gotten to dress up too.

Terra said...

"Prego brain?" Did I read that right? Congrats!