Sunday, November 13, 2011

"Worst Mom in the World" Award

....goes to me. Hands down. I mean, who else would take this:





And destroy all the happiness and love? Me. We found this cute little white kitten where the dogs are and I let Riley love it. And she LOVES it. Like Elmira from Tiny Toons...remember her? JC will.

Anyway, after bonding with it for a half hour and "smooshing" it and kissing it and petting it and holding it by the tail, I decided it was time to leave. And I decided to just drop the kitten off at the owner's home. Even Evan told me to leave it in the trailer until the owners came. But no. I was being practical.

(Just look at that face).

After prying it from her hands, I let the little kitten run free. And the whole way home, all I heard were sobs. Lots and lots of sobs. Usually I'm not a softie. But this time my little shoulder people came on my shoulders and said:

Shoulder Devil: That's right. You're the mom. You're the law.

Shoulder Angel: Yeah, but over a kitten? Really?

Shoulder Devil: Don't be a softie. She'll get over it.

Shoulder Angel: Why say "no" when you could say "yes." She LOVES that kitty.


So the Shoulder Angel has won out and I talked to the owner last night. Sometime this evening, Riley AND Hyrum will both be getting new kittens.

2 comments:

Brittney said...

Oh Jen this is hilarious! I'm so glad I'm not the only mom with imaginary little people on my shoulders talking to me about parenting skills. I do the same thing! My girls would LOVE a kitty. But, we have a dog that would love to destroy the kitty. So for now, I have been able to avoid the kitty issue. Good luck!

Delee said...

So cute. I think two kittens are better than one. Have fun!