Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Toothless

Hyrum lost his first tooth last night! I can't believe I have a child old enough to lose a tooth. Probably one of my first memories is of losing my first tooth at Grandpa & Grandma Spencer's. I was gabbing on the phone with Janelle and he came up and said I have something weird in my mouth. I looked and he had twisted his tooth so the back was facing forward. I laughed and told him to keep wiggling it. Then he yells, "Mom, my tooth came out!!"

Anyway, we made phone calls to grandpas and grandmas and Hy kept saying "I'm like Austin (Humphries)!" It was exciting.

Then this morning he woke up super early with his dad and I hear, "The tooth fairy didn't bring me money!"

I had totally forgotten. I jumped out of bed, grabbed some change and waddled into his room. He was crying and I said, sneakily slipping two quarters under his pillow, "Are you sure?" He lifted his pillow again, and there were two shiny quarters!! Whew! That was a close one. Sometimes I'm not sure about my mothering skills :)

3 comments:

The Grush's said...

We have totally forgotten at times as well.

Delee said...

That's so funny. Congratulations to Hy for losing his first tooth!

Janelle Johnson said...

Yay for Hyrum! Silly tooth fairy.