Monday, September 7, 2015

Some of my favorite things!

Hyrum got a new George Strait shirt. The next morning he was wearing it and said, "Mom, I sure like my new Dave Strait shirt." Then he laughed and said, "I almost called it a Dave Sundberg shirt" (Dave is in our ward and is a bachelor up in the mountains. He is about as opposite of George Strait as you can get).

We've had the crop duster plane flying over our house a lot this summer. Hyrum was calling it the "Dust Cropper".
 The girls and their fairy wings

Lindsay was telling us that one day, her daughters would be named "Laddie & Bloom-Bloom". When we asked what her husband's name would be, she replied, "Pilla, Pilla." When asked why, she said it was because he liked to sleep a lot!


 Up at the corrals. I LOVE this picture!

Ri: We're setting a trap.
Hy: Oh Ri, you just told Mom & Dad!
Ri: No I didn't. Hey Dad, do you want to come downstairs?
 Riley and I hiked the R mountain with the curly hair (Gilbert) girls.

Ri & Hy were discussing the difference between hogs and pigs.
Hy: They are the same thing.
Ri: No, hogs have horns on their mouth!


 Grandpa Spencer's popcorn for FHE

We were driving somewhere as a family. I dropped something and said, "Son of a....." Hyrum chirped in: "PITCH!" Shocked, I asked what he said. 
"Pitch," he said proudly. "Like 'son of a pitch'!" 
I clarified that it was /p/ and he said yes. Then I asked where he heard it from.
"From Dad. I heard him say it!"
I looked at Evan, laughing. 
"Oh I've only said it a couple of times," Ev tried to defend himself.
"No, you say it all the time!" Hy protested.
By now I was laughing so hard that I couldn't question Hyrum anymore. Kids are way too honest!!!

Thanks to Decca for ordering the wrong size of shirt, Jibbers and I got matching "Mama Bear" and "Baby Bear" shirts. They are fun!!

No comments: