Friday, October 2, 2009

A day at the Zoo

Evan and I wanted to take Hy to the zoo all summer and we finally got it done! He loved it and to make it even more perfect, Grandpa and Grandma Israelsen met us there. What a great day. Everytime I told Hy to "smile" he'd smile and then look away right as I snapped the pic.
Hy and I were the only ones to brave the carousel. Hy picked a praying mantis.

Since Grandpa was afraid he'd get bucked off, Grandma and Riley decided to sit it out with him.




I never thought I'd call an elephant cute, but there was a new baby in the zoo and it was stinkin' cute!! It was so fun to see the baby giraffe as well.

3 comments:

Sara and JC said...

Aww, I love the mantis

Jessica said...

Thanks for putting this post on. I honestly should have just came to your house and see the pics, but I love your blog.

Julia Izzy said...

we saw the baby elephant too, it is so cute!!!!! when did you go?