Saturday, October 3, 2009

General Conference 4-wheeler ride

I have really enjoyed Conference...I always do. It always seems to give me such a spiritual boost. Hy has a tent set up in the living room where he has hauled all of his toys and Ev has the La-z-boy all set up (er...reclined) and Miss Riley did really well.
After the morning session, I wanted to go on a ride--it was such a beautiful day and I feel so much better!! I woke Ev up and told him I was going with Buzzy and that Riley was asleep in the swing.This is Mount Wheeler and where we headed up. We only went up to the base.Here was the little creek we crossed.This is me and "bobble boy" at our destination. This is where we go "shishin" or fishing to the non-toddler world.That is our house and part of the ranch...I zoomed in on the camera.Bobble boy fell asleep....But where are his boots?They are resting on Mom's boots as she is crusin' down the mountain hoping they don't fall off.

Bobble boy's head kept falling forward toward the handlebars, so I turned him around. So I laugh at all of these pics of him asleep b/c I was trying to get good ones and hold Buzzy at the same time. But it was such a pretty ride and we had a good time.

When we got home, Ev woke up and said, "Where have you been?" I told him. Then he said, "Did you take Riley?" I guess she was pretty good for him!

2 comments:

Janelle Johnson said...

The best part of this story, the last paragraph. Heart Evan.

Paul, Nat, Syd, and Maggie said...

That makes me laugh that Evan was asleep and didn't even know you were gone. I'm glad Riley didn't wake up because it probably would have scared him. Too funny!