Friday, March 30, 2012

We think she might need glasses.

OK. We KNOW she needs glasses. In the midst of having a newborn, I had the brilliant idea to have my children checked for eye glasses. And amazingly enough, that week, Riley started to do this again: So Mom was kind enough to take the kids into the eye doc. and get their eyes examined. Hy checks out for this year, but will probably need glasses in the future. Riley got to pick out some PINK eyeglasses. I found it interesting that Mom didn't let me get pink eye glasses, but actually helped Riley pick out some pink ones.....

Ev says it's because she's trying to get to heaven.



In other "Riley" news, she went potty all by herself the other day. I was ECSTATIC! We're not planning on doing the whole "shebang" of potty training 'til we get to Malta, but at least it's a start!


PS- this pic was after the fact and she's just sitting on her potty chair, not the actual potty.


PPS- I used to be so annoyed as a child/preteen/teenager when parents used the word "potty" instead of "toilet". Hmmmm.....


PPPS- Any parents who have kids with glasses (you know who you are) do you have any tips??


PPPPS- How many "PS's" can you do before it is illegal and annoying? I'll stop now.

2 comments:

Janelle Johnson said...

Alex was telling me that his mom had to "tie" his glasses onto his face when he was little. I really think they used chums. But he was really rambunctious, so maybe Riley will just keep hers on.

Brittney said...

Oh glasses. I can't keep Ty's on, it's ridiculous. The girls however had no issues whatsoever. Probably because they can actually see when they wear them! Good luck. I really don't have any tricks up my sleeve. It may just take a week for her to get used to having them on and then she'll realize they do help. Can't wait to see pictures of her new pink glasses! And that little baby is ADORABLE! I've been thinking about you- hope all is going well.