Sunday, April 28, 2013

April 24th

This date has a lot of meaning for me. And not because it is "Administrative Professional's Day" (didn't it just used to be "Secretary Day"?).

So, I looked back in some of my journals (I ought to go further back) and this is what I discovered:

 2003-- I was engaged to marry Evan and said that sometimes I was "ornery" and I just wanted to get married! Patient, aren't I?

2004--(This is a big one). I graduated this day from BYU-Idaho; we got our family dog, Chuck; and I found out I was expecting Jeb.

2005-- So not exactly this day, but about this week, Dad had signed papers to sell the farm in Dayton and buy the farm in Malta. We hadn't realized we would be moving here as well within the month! It was about 4 months after we had lost Jeb and things were just starting to brighten (with the season and with my life).

2006-- We were getting ready to move to the Malta 1st ward and getting ready for JC & Sara's wedding. I was in full bloom with Hyrum! :)

2007--We were in our new home and Julie Nannenga's kindergarten job had just opened up. I was going back and forth about staying at home with the kids or taking the job. Heavenly Father was letting us choose, but in order to make it, our home became somewhere else (Nevada).

2008--I was spending time in Malta before we officially moved back to Nevada. I was worried about it and knew I would miss a lot of things about Malta, but I remember how much our boss, Brandon, was doing to help with the transition.

2009--I was REALLY in bloom with Miss Riley!

2010--I was busy, busy with Young Women's in the branch; Grandpa Spencer was trying to say his good-byes, things were good on the ranch.

2011--It was Easter Sunday and it had been a nice day at church. A sheepherder got bucked off a horse that day and Ev spent it in the emergency room trying to help that guy. That day was a HUGE turning point with the new manager and after that, we knew we had to leave the ranch.

2012--We moved back to Malta. After living in the apartment, I couldn't get over how BIG the house was. Lindsay was only 5 weeks old and it was a hard move but a happy move.

2013--I just count my blessings every day how much we love being back in Malta; I LOVE being closer to MOST family (we still haven't convinced Bernie & Vicki to move closer and we miss them); the health and happiness of my kids and how LUCKY they are to live here; and how lucky I am as well.

10 years! It is a special date in our lives and it feels like so many important things are decided around this time!

3 comments:

Janelle Johnson said...

The benefits of keeping a journal, right?!

The Grush's said...

Wow, that is a lot of major events around the same date. It is so fun to see you guys through your blog. I need to stop being such a slacker and get something on mine.

I love love love Janeen's blog. It makes me a little homesick. She is around some neat people. There are people in her current ward that mean a whole lot to me.

Jami said...

Awe....you totally just inspired me to keep a journal! Love it, Jennifer :)!