Monday, April 8, 2013

Chores on the "farm"

For the purpose of family journaling and so all y'all could see what we do on a regular basis, I decided to take the camera up to the corrals.
 
The kids like to play on the loading chute. This is good, in case we ever need to load them on a semi-trailer.
 Some of the our hens. They are Sexlink chickens. I don't know why they call them that. I think a man must have thought of that name. Grandpa Israelsen always liked this kind of hen.
 Hyrum sticking his head in the barrel to get the eggs.
 Ev working "Pirate" the white dog on the steers. Herbie, my corgi, is "helping."


Jasper and Kelly Bear
 Lindsay is studying to be supervisor (name that movie).

 Riley watching her dad. Notice the Rapunzel dress? That thing is getting worn out!
 Hyrum roping the little Billy Goat

 Lindsay petting the little goat I caught for her.
 "This is how it's done, son."
 Hy caught him!!!


1 comment:

JJLanier said...

I love this post!! It's so fun to see how many things our families have in common right now. Dallin has been out "roping" calves and riding them until he gets "bucked off". Checking for eggs too- and the rooster that tries to attack us.
I love your picture in the tractor. What a cute family you guys have. Our Spring Break was spent on the farm. It sure gets us excited for summertime!