Sunday, May 18, 2008

Branding, Haircuts, and hot days!!!

This is Hyrum at his first branding. He went around chasing the calves trying to get in with them. This is Evan (in the red) and Bryson (on the calf). Right as the calf gets up, Ev helps Bryson jump aboard for a "wild ride." What a cowboy!! (Bryson is the boy I taught kindergarten to this winter...we're starting school again next week.) Victor is in the back wondering about the weird traditions of these "gringos."Hyrum and Brooke were walking around together checking out the calves. It was cute while they were walking but I didn't get the camera fast enough.
Hy got his haircut after the branding. I just bought some new clippers and they scatter hair all over the place...my old ones kept the cut hair clumped together better or something. Anyway, it was torture to Hyrum and this is about what he did the whole time I was cutting his hair.
This is just the sandbox in our back yard. It is a perfect, HUGE backyard and we love playing in it. We had a hamburger fry last night and basically spent the whole afternoon back there yesterday. In fact, Hyrum is asking me now why we're in the house because he wants to go play outside. He was saying "Chuck" (our dog) today. It was pretty dang cute.

1 comment:

Janelle Johnson said...

Your house and yard look really cute. I love Hy's face when he cries. Sad, but kind of funny.