Monday, October 20, 2008

TERRIFIC Twos!!

Hy is the grand total of two years old!! My friend, Sis. Cameron said that instead of thinking of it as the "terrible twos" think of it as the "terrific twos." When else are you going to get sticky peanutbutter kisses, goobering loves, etc. So, I'm trying that perspective. Well....this is the first day and Hyrum wanted us to KNOW he is two.
I got to watch the Humphries' kids while their parents were Christmas shopping. So, they got to be here this morning to greet Hy. We sang "Happy Birthday" to him and showed him his new trike then gathered all the kids in for a picture. Hmm....he apparently doesn't like birthdays.

Tonight, Ev was giving Mr. Buzzy a bath and Hy learned that he had control of his..."urinary functions" and could make it stop and go when he wanted. Well as gross as it is in the tub, the best part was when he decided to express his two-year old self on the carpet. It's one thing when it accidentally happens while you're changing a diaper. It's another thing if it is stopping and going and the guilty one is laughing.

But this is how the night just ended as I went to kiss my little one goodnight. Most kids like to sleep with something soft like a teddy bear or blankie. Not our boy... :)

6 comments:

Loriann Jensen said...

Happy Birthday, Hyrum!!

The Grush's said...

That last picture is so much like our boys. In fact, we did our Christmas shopping this weekend and everything that we got was green, yellow, and shaped like tractors. Imagine that.

Janelle Johnson said...

Haha. He looks like me when it's my birthday morning. I think he's ready to be potty-trained. hehe.

Robert and Lisa said...

ha.....he must be related to you!

Jessica said...

I was looking at this post in the library, and I was trying so hard not to laugh out loud! I love Buzzy Boy!

Smart Family said...

I love that he is sleeping with a tractor! That is priceless!