Sunday, April 24, 2011

Why I shouldn't let Hy watch "Bambi".

Hyrum is a little bit sensitive. If he watches a scary movie, he'll fret and stew about it for weeks. I'm proud of him b/c he's not afraid to turn off the tv if something bothers him. When he chose "Bambi", however, it was a little different.

Me: Hey hon, just so you know, some hunters shoot Bambi's mom. (Fair warning)
Hy: Why?
Me: Well, they were just hunting in the woods and they needed food for their families. (Hey, Evan hunts)
Hy: Oh....oh I remember this show. (Big smile) After his mom gets shot, Bambi gets to go live with his dad. (Little cogs in his head turning as Hy contemplates how he can get rid of his own mother and just hang out with his dad all of the time.)

Oh my little man child.

4 comments:

The Grush's said...

We plan to be in Idaho by at least the 4th of July and will stay for just over a week. Is Janeen or Janelle getting married? I should call you. It has been a long time.

Sara and JC said...

Hahahaha, that is hilarious!

Andrea Pulsipher said...

Olivia loves Bambi--probably for that same reason!

Terra said...

Awesome--don't give my kids any ideas. :)