Monday, February 25, 2013

In true Israelsen fashion

First off, a cute pic of Boozer. According to Evan this puppy is "birdy." Whatever that means. I guess it means the puppy will "point".
 And I think there is some unwritten law that if you are an Israelsen man, you HAVE to buy a pony and a cart (it even flows through marriage so that some of the in-laws [Pulsiphers] are affected by this as well). This also includes the unwritten law that dogs, chickens, goats, pigs, etc. will at one time live at your residence as well.



 Lindsay's pigtails. She wasn't sure if she liked them or not.
Riley is wearing Hy's old yellow shirt so that she can match Poppa. They went to IF the other day and Riley called her "nockethead" and told him to wear his yellow shirt so they could match.  Well, a few days later when Poppa called Riley and told her to wear her shirt again, she whined and groaned saying, "But Poppa, I already look nice"(meaning she was already dressed). She didn't wear her shirt that night.
Story time with Dad! When things are slow during the winter, I love that Ev is home more. He gets to eat breakfast with us (ok, who am I kidding? he usually MAKES breakfast for us) and he reads the kids their bedtime stories. The best is when he reads Hank the Cowdog.
We had eye appointments with Dr. Elliott this week. Hy looks awesome and doesn't have to go back. Riley's surgery went great and Dr. Elliott said that he wished all surgeries ended up so great. She still has to get checked again, but she's looking terrific!
 
We also had the nasty flu bug this week--starting with Hy, then Lindsay, then me and Riley had it yesterday. I hope that Ev and the rest of the family we've been around don't get it! It's a nasty bugger :)

2 comments:

The Grush's said...

Janeen is in my stake in Tullahoma. You should ask her if she has met Lonnie and Carolyn Smith. I worked with them in the stake when I lived there and are amazing people. She is in one of the most beautiful parts of the state. She is so lucky. I am going to love reading her blog.

Brittney said...

I love it, Jen! Oh how I can relate. Those Israelsen genetics have some crazy "tendencies." Hope you all get rid of the yuckas soon- that is so miserable. Especially when Mom is sick. The whole world comes tumbling down!