Sunday, July 6, 2014

Happy 4th of July!!

 
 Decca took this panoramic shot! How cool! I didn't know that you could do that :)
 Cousin twins in matching outfits from Aunt Cara. They are hand-me-downs from Allison and Lindsay.
 And with the coolest aunties! We tried to wait for Janelle, but she took to long and Sara & Neener weren't there so....I guess we truly are 'da bombs!'
 Riley has me take pictures of her hair so she can see what it looks like. The one on the left is her 4th of July star.
 Cousin fun! Top: the QUADS! L to R: Kelsey & Jack, Kelsey borrowing Stevie's firecracker hair bow, Logan & Linz at the race.


 4th of July Rootbeer floats!
 Decca was teaching me how to take selfies. Hmmm.
Running the 5K. We got 48:39....under 50 minutes was my goal this year. Yay!

 Hyrum practiced for his 1.25 mile race this year. He got 12 minutes! Way to go buddy. He was probably 4th in his age division. In his words, "I didn't get a medal, but I got some toys!!!"
Riley did her first race this year. I really didn't want to put her in it, b/c she was horrible when we practiced, but she wanted a shirt and to do it for Uncle Steve. So I let her. When the race began, it freaked her out and you can see she is crying and running to family in the beginning because it scared her. But Ev walked the race with her. She was dead last at 21:35. I don't know if she didn't care or didn't realize she was last, but she was smiling at the end. I was so glad she just finished!! yaya Riley :)

So, we had the Malta celebration on the 3rd; I swathed most of the 4th, and that evening we had a BBQ and fireworks, Leftie rides, a Harley ride; on the 5th was the Malta Fun Run and my family did it in memory of Steve who ran it a couple of years. Dad was the fastest and he did GREAT! Fun thing to do with family :)

1 comment:

Jami said...

So fun! You and Jessica are lookin "smokin" in your selfies ;)! It's been so fun seeing her around lately! I didn't realize (until I saw pictures) that the Malta 5k was in honor of Steve, so cool!!! Your family is great!