Sunday, June 8, 2008

Viente y siete

(Sorry, once again a sideways picture...) Happy Birthday to me! Wow! I still feel that young and I still have those same chubby rolls...now they're just not cute. Hmm...

My birthday was great! I went to a girl's camp certification (my new calling is asst. girls camp leader) and got to know the girls and other leaders better. Annie got me some cookies and ice cream and I got a few lovely renditions of "Happy Birthday" throughout the day. I came home where Evan made me a DELICIOUS steak dinner with pasta. He also said we needed to go couch shopping--YIPPEE!! The Humphries family made me a "Mud pie" ummmm....good and then did my dishes for me.

And I got phone calls from family. The best had to go to Granny T who called to wish me a "Happy Birthday" then told me that "they" were going to drop a nuclear bomb on Southern Utah today and I needed to have my car fueled up to get north. :)

What a lucky girl I am to have such great family and friends. The only downside to this birthday was it is the first birthday that I feel a little bit old now. Think about it...if you round to the nearest 5, when I hit 27 and 1/2 I will be rounding down to 30 instead of up to 25. Oh well....

4 comments:

Robert and Lisa said...

Happy Birthday yesterday and what a fun picture! I'm glad you had such a great day! I know what you mean with the feeling old thing. YIKES!

Annie Empey said...

Feliz Cumpleanos - Is that how they say it in Spain!?! I hope you had a great birthday and just wanted to thank you again for helping out on Saturday even though it was your birthday!! :-)

Terra said...

Happy, happy birthday! I'm glad your move went well and you're getting settled. Hyrum is huge now!

Janelle Johnson said...

I love Granny T's comment. Where does she get this stuff?