Saturday, May 26, 2012

9 Years

Yesterday marked 9 years of wedded bliss for Evan & I.  We were looking back at all of our anniversaries and this seemed to be one of the better ones.  The first year we were married was Mother's Day and we told our mothers (and fathers) we were expecting Jeb.  The second year, we placed the headstone on Jeb's grave and sang "Families Can Be Together Forever".  Our fourth anniversary, Ev brought up the subject of possibly looking for other work besides Malta (and moving) right after we had moved into our new house. I don't think that was a good subject to bring up that day :)  Our fifth anniversary, we moved "officially" to Spring Valley and we were sooooo sick.  See here.  Our sixth anniversary, I was on bed rest to keep Riley from coming too early.  Our eighth anniversary was deciding if we should move or not.

Ev promised me couches, since we have never officially owned any other than hand-me-downs.  We spent the day with Lindsay in Syracuse and Farr West, Utah, hunting down couches I had found on KSL.  (Thanks to Sara & JC for babysitting).  We had a fun day together, and I'm so excited about these couches.  So, come on over and SIT awhile :)  Love you, Ev!

2 comments:

Smart Family said...

Ooh!! I love the new couches. Looks so comfy. We are hoping for some new couches too. We also have hand me downs. Yours look like exactly what I want.

The Grush's said...

I bet you are so happy to be back in your home. And I can't wait to come sit on those couches in a few weeks.