Sunday, June 8, 2014

Happy 11th Anniversary to us and fun in Provo!

The week of our anniversary was forecasted to be rainy....and it was. So much that Dad didn't have much work for Evan to do on the farm. So on Wednesday, the 7th, we went to the temple. On our way, Ev asked if, since we were going to the temple and out to eat, if he could go to Enterprise over our anniversary. I was good, he was good, it was all good. My mistake came in mentioning to Hyrum that he had a choice of going. He PRAYED about it and felt like he should go to Enteprise with his dad. HOW DO YOU ARGUE WITH THAT?????

So the boys went. The reason I was so sad about Hyrum going was that we were supposed to go to  Mother's Day tea party at school. I was totally bummed.


The hat Hy made for our tea party. I got it later.
 

But since the boys left, the girls and I went and had a party of our own. We went to Provo and visited Decca and Stevie. We had a BLAST!!

The first night, we walked the Provo River Trail and stopped to get some slushie things--they were delish! And the walk was beautiful. Riley claims to this day that she saw a shark in the Provo River. So just, be aware if you ever plan to swim it or anything.... ;)

 The next morning after a delicious breakfast, we got to go on the Frontrunner. I had as much fun as the girls!
We went to downtown SLC and the City Creek thing (which I have never been to) and went to the Children's Museum. The girls loved it! Lindsay wanted to drive the red truck all day. Riley liked the farm that had hens and the fake horse....Ev would wonder why we paid money to do that when we have it at home????  Riley also liked doing the weather and being "on tv."
The last day, we had a "real" yard sale in Provo. It was fun.
Thanks Decca & Stevie for easing the heartache of being "abandoned" by our boys for the week! Had a fun, fun time!! :)

1 comment:

Janelle Johnson said...

I really wish Allison and I had been able to join in the fun!