Sunday, June 15, 2014

Swathing

Dad and I had a bright idea that Decca and I could swap: one of us would watch the kids while the other one swathed. We swathed early this year and started the last week of May. We started with the triticale and then did the alfalfa. I actually really enjoyed it. I don't know if Decca liked going from one baby to 5! 
 
Me with the babies. I obviously didn't have enough because somebody added 4 more dollies!
 "Hands-free" swathing. The rows are so straight and the disc mower does such a pretty job of swathing. Anyone who has swathed "old school" knows what I'm talking about!!

 I had all the kids out for a turn. I got the pics with baby Kelsey. She looks like she's already a pro!

We'll see if Decca comes back for next crop!!

1 comment:

Janelle Johnson said...

Kelsey's saying, "Ma, I'm trying to work here."